[EMU] Raine 0.91.8, Emulateur Arcade
[EMU] Raine 0.91.8, Emulateur Arcade
11/07/20 - 14:50
Sauveur de princesses
Groupe : Admin
Messages : 10 658
Inscrit : 21/10/04
Lieu : Vendée
Membre no 3 370
Nouvelle release pour Raine, émulateur arcade développé par le nantais Tux pour les systèmes CPS-1, CPS-2, Neo Geo et Neo Geo CD, qui passe en version 0.91.8.
The big thing in this release is a fix for the gui display bug in fullscreen, it's not ideal, it currently uses some deprecated api in sdl-1.2, I have tested it only with a windows 10/nvidia system (and linux), so I can only hope it will work everywhere, I'll need some feedback here. The idea is just to try to display the gui in opengl since the bug prevents a proper restoration of the screen to display a non opengl gui. Oh well, just switch to fullscreen, test and report !
Except that :
- a dos version ! This is the result of finding a djgpp version of gcc in arch, read about it there :
A dos version in 2020... !
I found a recent gcc (latest version actually) for dos in arch, so I got curious to see if I could make the dos version to run now... Weirdly I have some trouble with dosbox, raine crashes at launch with it in install_allegro, no idea why, I tried a few dosbox versions and always the same result.
With dosemu it's also harder, it had the best results before, now I am obliged to use a pre-version of their 2.0, which is not super stable. Here it works, sound and graphics (well vesa 2.0 linear which is not bad, but no triple buffer at all). Only file accesses are very slow for some reason, so I took a moment to add some basic cache for the rom directories in raine and it's now much faster, it will also benefit a little to the other versions, linux and windows.
And it also works in virtualbox, using a freedos boot ! No vesa support at all there, clearly their goal was not to allow some dos games to run, we are stuck in mode-x. There is a working soundblaster 16 emulation though, but only with the allegro sound driver, seal doesn't detect it at all. With that, it's a little slower than dosemu ingame, but much more stable, and what works is working perfectly ! Quite surprising and impressive !
Oh well, it's probably time for a very last raine dos binary then ! (I might make 2, one with the seal audio, the other with the allegro audio).
There is only a version using allegro for sound for now because it's the sound driver with the best results with "recent" sound cards, if you really need seal to support some extremely old sound card, post something !
- the status & clones settings of the game selection list are now saved and restored
- there is a new cache for the rom directories, it was made mainly for the dos version in an emulator, but it will have an effect everywhere. If you use a rom directory on a removable device, a dvd for example, and you change the dvd while raine is running, the list won't be updated, you'll need to restart raine for that.
- the borderless window was updated since it was useless in windows, now it tries to emulate fullscreen, that is, the window is placed at 0,0 with a full size, the idea was to try that against the bug which hides the gui in fullscreen, but it failed, the bug also shows with this kind of window ! I kept it anyway, now when you switch to a borderless window the window is maximized.
- some fixes for -romcheck and -rcf, and fixed the archive name for bubbolbr1
Site officiel : http://raine.1emulation.com/
Forum des releases : http://www.1emulation.com/forums/forum/126-raine/
Retrouvez les sections concernées sur GT :
- Neo Geo
- Neo Geo CD
La Légende renait le 19/11/2019 !
|Version bas débit||Nous sommes le : 05/08/20 - 20:02|